Under pressure Aquam LDS 1000
A tethered (cable) system 1000meters long is launched via a special launch tube UNDER PRESSURE into the pipe, an under water-parachute (drogue) attached via stainless steel heavy duty connections pulls the camera head along underwater internally — the entire system is retrieved and rolled neatly back into the inspection van via a motorised unit. A full recording of visuals with acoustics is all kept, analysed shared with the client and used for rehabilitation and condition assessment.This is perfect for identifying illegal connections, valve maintenance, tuberculation & Corrosion assessment, Leak Detection, Extended Lifespan Reporting.
A un-tethered waterproof device recording – both video and acoustics of the pipe is launched and captured again alternatively it can also be tethered like the Flag Ship LDS100 – its just a much smaller lighter version of the LDS.
Water main condition assessment services are being used for:
- Baseline understanding of water main condition
- Replacement and rehabilitation planning
- Rate case justification
- Due diligence support for water system acquisitions
- Strategic deployment of intrusive (Internal NDT) condition assessment technologies
- Reduction in the number water main breaks experienced by a city
Live under pressure Condition Assessment
Aquam LDS 1000 technology is used by ORSCO to scan internally doing the following
- Recording of video for condition assessment up to 16bar from 100mm-5meter diameter
- Lazer scanning *all diameters under drained conditions * up to 300mm under live pressure 16 bar to produce models of the internal pipe
- Acoustic recordings of leaks on surveys
- Can go with or against the flow